Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Tuesday

I had such a productive day today. After I dropped the kids off at school I did my morning walk around our neighborhood (about 2 miles). It was already in the 80's at 7:30 AM and I actually didn't mind the various sprinklers I had to pass. I showered and was in my car by 8:30. I bought groceries and returned home and put them away and it was not even 11am yet.

I then went to a book club meeting. I've been trying to find a book club for a while now but was concerned about others not sharing my tastes. I read for pleasure and don't want to read what I don't like. This club is through our public library and they were reading the book The Tenth Circle by Jodi Piccoult which I mentioned here. Since I had already read the book I decided to give it a try. The group had only 4 attendees today. I picked up lunch at a local deli on my way. The group actually met at the branch on South Parkway which is on the other side of town from me but I did not mind. I enjoyed the discussion although the others did not like the book as much as I did. The discussion stayed on point for the most part. Next month we are reading any of Lillian Jackson Braun's books The Cat Who.... I haven't read any of these and am looking forward to it. While at the library I checked out two paperbacks that looked interesting.

Yesterday evening our young friend 'lil David came over for a few hours while his mother went to a meeting. (We call him 'lil David to distinguish him from the other dozen or so Davids in our lives.) After supper we went outside for a little while. At 7:30 it was still too hot to be outside even with the sun behind the trees. I started sweating from just being there, not really moving around much. Back into my 70' house I went. Have I mentioned how much I don't like August?

In the afternoon with only about an hour before I needed to head to the school I thought I would sneak in a little time on Lego Star Wars (the original trilogy). However, my daughter had taken it upon herself to hide the game. She didn't want her brother and his playmate playing it on Saturday without her. The problem is she has no idea where it is now. We looked and we looked and we looked some more. This girl certainly knows how to hide something. I haven't completely given up, things do usually eventually turn up, but I am very frustrated.