Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Monday

Yesterday I worked at that other job. It was one of those days in which I remember why it was that I quit working there full-time a year ago. First of all, I went out and walked in the morning which guaranteed I would be tired by the end of the day. I didn't go in to work until 10am so I had an hour in the morning to relax. Later, I was really glad I took that time. One of the computer terminals was out at work. This both slowed down production and interrupted the normal flow of work. Also, someone knew was in to start training. Monday is not the best day to train someone. We were entirely too busy to take the time. I'm not the best person to train someone as I have little patience for it. (Get trained already and get to work!) After I ate some lunch the laser printer quit working. (It had been giving us maintenance warnings all day but we had unwisely ignored them). There is a back-up printer (of the dot matrix variety) but it prints about a page per minute. After that small things began to go wrong. There were a couple of times I thought I was going to lose it but I kept it under control. (There really wasn't time for a panic attack.) After an hour or so a second printer was located and installed and we were back at full-speed. I left at 9pm having worked steadily on my feet for 11 hours (except for my 20 minutes of lunch). I had to buy groceries. I managed to arrive home by 10pm but naturally I forgot some things in my haste to get out of the store. This morning I am here at the regular job and I am going to sit down for most of the day and recover.

On the positive side it was a good day diet-wise. I was too tired to eat supper last night and instead ate a banana and went to bed. I didn't have a snack. I'm sure I'll make up for it today.