Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tuesday

Of course I know that I am beating a dead horse but there isn't much else going on around here to blog about. Today will be the 7th day in a row we've had 100+ degree days (with heat indexes reaching 110'). My Father-in-Law said this was the worst heat wave since 1980 when we had 17 days in a row of 100+. In 1980 I was too young to care much about the weather so I don't remember it as a particularly hot summer.

Last evening while at my other job we had a power outage. It doesn't take long without air condtioning for buildings to begin to heat up in late afternoon sun. After two hours they determined the power would remain out for several more hours and I should go on home. We couldn't work without power and so customers were no longer allowed in the store. It was a nice treat to be home last night with my family.

I am at work today but then I have two days off. I've got errands to run but no real agenda. It's too hot to do much that requires getting in and out of the car. The Lego Star Wars games finally turned up. They were inside the Tinker Toy Cannister. I didn't check there.