Friday, August 03, 2007

Friday

Yesterday I had an entire day to myself and I could hardly remember what I used to do with them. I took a walk and I took a nap. I did a little shopping. I took a long leisurely lunch. It was so hot yesterday. The thermometer registered 96' but getting in and out of the car in hot pavement it felt a lot warmer.

Both children seemed to enjoy their first day of school at the new school. They were both still excited when I picked them up. My son announced that he had four fun things spaced throughout the day: snack, lunch, PE and recess. Both of them made new friends and liked their teachers. Luckily, there was no homework on the first day.

My son had shown some concern about changing from his previous private school to the public school because of things various children and adults had said. However, we have heard many good things about the public elementary school. I think once he realizes that like his private school the teachers care about their students he will not notice much difference (other than the size difference).

Our decision to put the children in private school in the beginning was because my daughter was too young to attend public school, but in the private school she could start preschool early. Because my husband and I both work we needed the children to attend the same school. We put off the transfer to the public school until my daughter had completed Kindergarten. This decision was based on a number of factors and considered prayerfully.