Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday

I've been feeling a little down lately. I'm not sure why. Maybe it is a consequence of the kids going back to school. I thought I would be ecstatic about that. Indeed, I do enjoy the freedom. But maybe too much. I don't seem to know what to do with myself and have been kind of lazy. Although I have been walking in the morning little else has been accomplished. I was off the last two days and I'm thankful to be back at work today at least getting paid, if not exactly being busy. (I'm not going to say that the depression is due to the intense heat because I am going to try and not talk about the heat today.)

August is half over now and I can start looking forward to fall. Mother and I are going to the Deeper Still Conference in Nashville in early September. Auburn's first football game is September 1. I hope to be going to the beach in October. So I have a lot to look forward to, I just find myself in a bit of a funk lately. Maybe what I need is a good uplifting book to read. What I've reading lately has not fit that bill. My phone friend (with who I talk to at work because she isn't busy, either) has gone to Disney World. Mother is in Maryland visiting my brother and his family. Maybe I'm just a bit lonely today. If you're lurking there, leave me a comment. I promise I'll be over this pity party tomorrow.