Monday, August 06, 2007

How Hot Is It?

Today's high is predicted at 93' with a humidity averaging about 50% this means it will feel like 99'. The weather people are not predicting a break from this heat during the week. What few scattered showers arrive will only serve to increase the humidity and general mugginess. It's best to stay indoors. I know the temperatures out West rise above 100' but I'm not sure if that dry heat compares to the oppressiveness of a humid Southern summer. This is the tradeoff we have for our mild winters. What kind of trade-off is that really? I want to live in one of those climates where it is 75' year round with tropical breezes browing in from the ocean. Oh, August, you are my least favortie month. August has no holidays. It has 31 days. It is (here in Alabama) the hottest month of the year. The days are long and the temperature doesn't become bearable until after sunset. The entire month of August I am just wishing for September.