Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tuesday

Yesterday I worked at my other job at Wal-Mart. It was a long, hard, tiring day. I had vicious leg cramps last night and dreamed all night long about filling prescriptions. It's hard to understand then why I am seriously considering going back there full-time. The pharmacy manager at the store I have been working at for the last 3 years is moving and her position has become available. It would mean a raise of 25% over what I am making at my current job plus a bonus in the spring. Of course, there are lots of drawbacks. The work is definitely more demanding and stressful. I wouldn't have long hours to read blogs and play Mahjong. Although, I have enjoyed getting paid to do very little the long boring hours are starting to take their toll. (I also have to wonder how long my current employer will continue this operation at a loss.) Plus, my dad, tells me that you can tolerate just about anything (job-wise) for two years. In two years, if our plans work-out, Hubby will be finished with his teaching degree. Maybe, then I could go back to working part-time. Also, sometime in the next two years a new supercenter is scheduled to open up even closer to my home. I really enjoyed starting a new store once before and would welcome that opportunity again. I am starting to think about what demands I should make in order to come back. I already have 3 weeks vacation at the company. I would also like to work no more than every 4th Sunday. So, if you know me, you may be thinking I am crazy to even consider this. However, if you don't know me you may have a hard time understanding why I wouldn't take the job. At any rate, chime in with your opinion.