Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday

Yesterday, I took the kids to Point Mallard for the day. We went with another family from school. This park has a wave pool, an Olympic pool, and several water slides. Lots of fun was had by all and we returned sunburned despite the sunscreen.

Today, my daughter had a dentist appt. We went by the elementary school on the way to register for fall and by the University fitness center to register for swim lessons. We tried to feed some ducks lunch but mostly fed turtles (Too hot for ducks? Maybe they've flown north for the summer. Smart ducks!!!) We went to Cracker Barrel and had breakfast for lunch.

In a little while when the sun starts to hide itself behind the trees I've got to go out in the 90 degree heat and fertilize the flowers. The drought has not been kind to my garden. I'm glad that summer flowers here usually bloom well into October.