Saturday, June 02, 2007

8 Random Facts

My mother at Bears in Exile tagged me to do this meme. Here are the rules:



Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.



The first thing I thought was, 'Are there 8 people reading my blog'? Then I realized if there are 8 people reading it then she tagged at least 4 of them. And I can't tag her, either. So who does that leave. I'm sorry to do this to you, because I know you've done them before and may not like it but I have to listen to my mother. I tag: Gina, Autumn's Mom, Rachel, Mel, Chichimama, Allybean, Terri & Megs. Okay, I'm not certain that last one has read my blog. But it was hard coming up with 8. Let's see how many respond.



8 Random Facts

1. I bite my fingernails. I always have. I don't really have a desire to stop, either. It only annoys other people, not me.

2. I really like to take naps. My son tries to understand this but it will take another 20 years or so for him to get it.

3. I rarely add salt to my food. Sometimes, I even forget to put it in if I'm cooking.

4. I don't like to talk on the phone. I would rather email. I think this comes from having a job for so many years that required a great deal of phone use.

5. I often let my cell phone go completely dead before remembering to recharge it. Sometimes I turn it on silent (for the dentist or church) and it's a week before I remember to change it.

6. I hate tomatoes. I don't mind them cooked in dishes or as a sauce, etc. But fresh tomatoes in a salad or on a sandwich or in my quesadillas - NO!

7. I don't spend a lot of money on clothes or shoes but I have a really nice pair of sunglasses.

8. I drive 70 miles (one way) to get my haircut. This lady has been cutting it for over 10 years and I am too chicken to try someone here in my city (plus it would be a lot more expensive). Luckily, with long hair I don't have to get it cut or permed very often.