Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Rain and Frito Pie

Yesterday morning I decided to head to a nearby park to walk their loop. The kids went along to play on the playground. It had rained a little bit during the night and looked like it might rain again. I figured risking the rain was doing my part for the drought. Afterall, my getting wet is a small price to pay. Sure enough into my 4th trip around the park it started to rain. I finished the loop and we headed to the car. It rained several times throughout the day. It rained while my lawn man was mowing the yard (this was no deterrent to him, however.) I am very thankful to the rain. Today it is blue skies again but the temperature is not quite as harsh as the previous days.

Last night I fixed 'Frito Pie' for supper. I only recently discovered that my children enjoyed this dish which I had previously called Taco Salad and had not fixed for many months. After finishing his first helping my son went back for seconds. I know, I was pretty shocked myself. It is so nice to stumble on something the boy will eat and not complain about.