Saturday, June 09, 2007

Saturday

I went out and walked this morning for the first time in over a week. I tried to think of all kinds of exuses not to even after I got out of bed and got dressed. For example, I haven't fertilized my plants this week. But in the end I could not convince myself otherwise and set out. It was very humid but not too hot because of the short rain storm yesterday.

I finished reading Ethan Frome again. I read it in high school and had forgotten how short it was. I read on someone's blog that it was their favorite book, I can't remember who now. But anway, I thought I would give it another read. You can read through it in one sitting. I think I enjoyed even more this time then last. I might be encouraged to give another Edith Wharton book, Age of Innoncence, for which she won the Pulitzer a try.

My daughter and I went out shopping on Thursday mostly just for fun and she wanted to go to Barnes & Noble. I warned her that I would probably buy books if we went in. When I had picked up 3 I told her we had to leave but then she still had to drag me to the register to keep from picking up more. (Sometime soon I'm going to check out the used book website that Chichimama told me about.) So I'm excited to have the new Elizabeth Berg book as well as another Martha Grimes. I'll let you know how they turn out.