Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thirteen Things I Like About March

1. It is not February (or January)

2. Bradford Pears bloom (though only for about a week)

3. St. Patrick's Day - we all pretend we are a little Irish and it's the only holiday in March. Although, next year Easter will be in March again.

4. Spring Break - even though I still have to work and we hardly ever go anywhere. I think it holds over from childhood.

5. Green everywhere - trees, grass, shamrock's

6. Flowers blooming - daffodils, tulips,

7. Winter is officially over March 20th.

8. Spending spree (Although our tax refund comes mid-Feb with online filing and direct deposit, March is when we traditionally buy the big ticket items.)

9. Daylight Savings Time begins - What? This is supposed to be in April.

10. Okay so there are not 13 things I love about March. Can anyone help me out here?