Saturday, March 03, 2007

Books

I really like the Richard Jury Mysteries by Martha Grimes. I just finished reading the Anodyne Necklace. These books are set in England,usually in small towns outside of London. Inspector Richard Jury has seemed to partially fill in the gap left by Havers and Lynley when I reached the end of the series written by Elizabeth George. I know that murder mysteries are not every ones choice of genre. Until recently, if asked, I might have said I did not particularly like them myself. I had previously found books by authors such as J.D. Robb & Sandra Brown unpleasant. However, now that I am reading through the Kinsey Millhone (Alphabet Murders) by Sue Grafton and these Richard Jury books I am reconsidering my opinion. I have also enjoyed the Anna Pigeon Mysteries by Nevada Barr. (These are all set in National Parks). And highly recommend them. I really get into these books. I rather immerse myself and get carried away to time and/or place. They are all very descriptive. They all have a commonality which I like in my books: the description of violence is kept to a minimum. You right remember how vivid I dream. I don't need any help with my imagination, thank you.