Saturday, March 17, 2007

George Forman

I recently bought a new George Forman Grill. I had one in the past but never used it. I wasn't really into cooking healthy food at the time. I thought that the GFG was all about reducing the fat in your diet. Two things have happened to change my mind. 1) A few years ago we screened in our back porch and the outdoor grill has since been moved to the garage where it is very inconvienent to use. 2) I have been dieting for several months, slowly introducing more and more healthy food into our diets. My mother had a GFG and she enjoyed it, especially cooking salmon. So after discussing it I went and bought the latest grill at Bed Bath & Beyond using one of the 20% coupons they send me every month. I never learned to use the outdoor grill and I have always hated the smell of frying beef so the first thing I cooked was hamburgers. They turned out nicely. I have also cooked salmon and porkchops and yesterday I grilled some fresh pineapple (it was heavenly). You can use it as a griddle and I am anxious to try out this feature. It comes with 5 grilling plates (which can be washed in the DW) and a recipe book. You can make a lot of non-healthy foods on it as well. And according to the manual you can bake chocolate chip cookies. That remains to be seen.