Saturday, March 10, 2007

Bookishness

I found this meme on Rocks In My Dryer.

1. Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback? Either.There are some authors I always read their new novel, others I would rather not pay for a hardback.
2. Amazon or brick and mortar? Amazon. They are just so much easier to deal with.
3. Barnes & Noble or Borders?
No Borders here but we do have Books-A-Million
4. Bookmark or dogear? I never dogear. But lots of times I read a book without using a bookmark and just have to locate my place each time.
5. Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? Well, if I keep a book on my shelf for a long time, I usually sort them by size to make it look neat.
6. Keep, throw away, or sell? Who would throw a book away? I usually donate to the library or lend to someone else. I read entirely too many books to keep them all.
7. Keep dustjacket or toss it? I keep it.
8. Read with dustjacket or remove it? I remove it and return it when finished.
9. Short story or novel? I really do not like short stories.
10. Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? I've read all of Harry Potter.
11. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
Both, it really depends on the book.
12.“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? Dark and Stormy, I really do not like fairy tales or fantasy fiction.
13. Buy or Borrow? Both
14. New or used? Mostly new because I am too lazy to seek out used book sources.
15. Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? Mostly browsing though I follow others recomendations. I rarely listen to a national review.
16. Tidy ending or cliffhanger? Please, save the cliffhanger for T.V. I want my novel tidied up.
17. Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? Anytime, day or night.
18. Stand-alone or series? I like a good series but usually prefer the books in it mostly stand on their own.
19. Favorite series? The Outlander
series by Diana Gabaldon. You need to read these in order.
20. Favorite children's book? Call of the Wild
21. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? Under the Haystack
22. Favorite books read last year? We are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg
23. Favorite books of all time? Well there is no way to narrow that list down. But because you asked please see this post.
24. Least favorite book you finished last year? Big Bad Wolf. Someone lent me several of these James Patterson books and I can't bring myself to read anymore.
25.
What are you reading right now? Big Cherry Holler
26. What are you reading next?
The Time Traveler's Wife

If you are a book lover than consider yourself tagged.