Thursday, March 15, 2007

Books

I just finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I really, really liked this book. Did it jump around? Yes. But it wasn't hard to follow. It was told by two different people's point of view. The author did a good job of helping the reader keep it all straight. It is the story Henry who time travels spontaneously without any conscious control and the love affair with his wife, Claire. The premise is very different than my usual reads but very interesting. It poses a lot of hard questions about how much control we may have over our futures. The time travelling is presented in the most believable way I have read (or seen) thus far. I would definitely recommend this book. (It does have some (but not a lot of) strong language, Ginnie.) Some time traveling books I have enjoyed before are The Mirror and The Threshold by Maryls Millhiser and the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.