Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Favorite Songs Meme

I saw this mem on Rocks In My Dryer and it seemed like a really fun meme to try. I went with the prevailing idea which is songs from the past and tried not to choose any favorite from the last 10 years.

Favorite Song From Childhood: Golden Ring by George Jones and Tammy Wynette. I can still sing all the words.

Favorite High School Dance Song: Footloose


Senior Class Song: Our senior prom theme was Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone. But there are so many songs that sum up that year. A few that come to mind are Pour Some Sugar On Me, Faith and anything from the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack.

Song That Makes You Think of College: U Can't Touch This (freshman), Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Auburn)

Favorite Rock & Roll Song: Well I'm not even sure I know the difference between Pop and R&R. I looked on MusicMatch and I had very few songs listed from either genre. So instead of answering favorite Disco, Pop, or R&R I thougt I would just tell you some of my favorites that are not country songs: Come Monday (Jimmy Buffet), You and Me of the 10,000 Wars (Indigo Girls), Sun Comes Up, Tuesday Morning (Cowboy Junkies)

Favorite Disco Song:

Favorite Country Song: My Home's in Alabama (Alabama)

Favorite Pop Song:

Favorite All Time Love Song: Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler)

Favorite Break Up Song: Hard Habit to Break (Chicago)

Favorite Slow Dance Song: I'll Still Be Loving You (Restless Heart)

Song That Always Makes You Cry (or made me cry when I first heard it): Skin (Rascal Flats)

Songs About Your Kid/s: Front Porch Lookin' In (Lonestar)

Favorite Christmas Song: Please Come Home for Christmas (Eagles)

Favorite Gospel/Praise Song: Shout to the Lord, Anything by Rich Mullins

Favorite Ringtone on Cellphone: War Eagle! (Auburn's fight song)

Now that was fun trip down memory lane. I had to look up on the internet to even think about what we were listening to in high school. For me a lot of songs remind me of a particular memory. (Because the guy I dated in high school is not the man I am married to some of those memories have been pushed way back in my mind.) I hope you have fun with this meme. I tag: SIL, Mom, Ginnie (should get a good variety that way.)