Friday, December 22, 2006

Thursday

Yesterday I had a very productive day and I am going to share all the mundane details with those unfortunate enough to find themselves here.

The kids only had a 1/2 day of school and I had planned to attend J's party (he's 8 remember) but he asked me not to. So B and I decided to run errands (and I let her skip kindergarten today) First though, I did my bit of NordicTrac (yeah!) while she made her bed and unloaded the DW.

I started draining the hot tub and after exercising B and I got in and cleaned the nasty ring around the inside (reminds me of Cat & The Hat, too bad I don't have some vroom). We then showered and dressed and left the house.

Our first stop was the pool store in Madison to pick-up a new filter for the spa and chemicals. It took us 30 minutes to navigate down the busy road to the store (including waiting on the train) and found them out of our filter. Gosh Darn! We then went to Publix to get the needed Wine for the upcoming festivities and other last minute things. We ran into Kohl's for a few minutes to get something else for________ and I found some luggage on sale for our upcoming vacation. Back at the school at 11am for the end of J's party. He made a gingerbread house out of graham crackers. Quite impressive.

Took the kids home where they feasted on Lunch Paks. They helped me finish draining the hot tub and cleaning it. Started refilling and oh! Look at the time! I've got to get to my doctor's appt downtown.

So I arrived at the doctor appt on time and was told "gasp!" they were running on schedule. This is the annual visit. Glad it is over for another year. I saw they were having a blood drive at the hospital (desperately in need of O this time of year) and I made a bargain that if I finished with the doctor in a reasonable time I would donate. Off I went to find the blood drive, gave my precious blood, ate some cookies (because calories don't count after donating blood) and juice. I got my free T-Shirt and movie tickets. (Yes, my blood can be bought for a T-shirt.)

I stopped on the way out of town at the pool store in Huntsville and picked up my filter and chemicals, swung by the dry cleaners and arrived home at 4pm, too late for a nap. The spa was full but not turned on yet (because of absence of filter) so when I turned it on it was a chilly 57 degrees. No hot tubbing for me that night.

So the kids and I started messing up the kitchen. First we made peppermint bark then we made Peanut Brittle. Both recipes from allrecipes.com. Then we tried out my new Wilton cookie press (a gift) using the basic Spritz cookie recipe. We had a really hard time with it. So we decided to try the Pampered Chef one I've had for years but never used. It was a little easier but still a big disappointment. The cookies were also quite bland. They would probably be okay if dipped in chocolate (like most things, come to think of it.) I don't think we'll use the cookie press again.

I cooked a pasta dish for supper and after some complaining I actually to J to eat some. Wow! I'm tired now. I think I'll go sit down. Actually, I am typing this from work and I am sitting down. If I can get through today I have 3 days off. Yeah!