Monday, December 11, 2006

Book Update

I just finished reading and excellent book, Tropic of Night by Michael Grueber. This is the author who had been ghostwriting the Robert Tannebaum books. This subject matter of this book was not my usual cup of tea but the writing style and prevailing mystery kept me interested. The book jumps from a first person account, a second person account, and journal entries and ties it all together nicely in the end. I am looking forward to reading more from this author.

Tuesday, (after I ordered from Amazon using the gift certificate my wonderful sister-in-law gave me for my birthday) I noticed that Michael Chricton has a new book out. I am dissapointed that Amazon did not alert me to this new release. Isn't that their job? Anyway, if no one takes the hint and buys it for me for Christmas I will order it later.

This morning I am starting B is for Burglar. This is the series by Sue Grafton. I read Q is for Quarry a while back and I decided to start from the beginning. This is a murder/mystery series about private investigator, Kinsey Millhone. The books are quite short.

The last 3 books I read by Minnette Walters (Shape of Snakes, The Scuptress, Disordered Minds) were all about a murder that occurred some years ago (from 6 to 30) and the character's efforts to solve it after it was considered closed by police. Walter's books take place in London and the characters are different in each book. They were all quite good.

8.5lbs