Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Christmas Meme

My friends in Sunday School have been emailing this meme around and I thought it a great way to introduce some memes to my blog.

Get To Know Ya Christmas Style

1) Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog? Actually, I like General Foods Suisse Mocha.

2) Does Santa Claus wrap the presents or just put them under the tree? Santa does not actually visit our house. Neither does the tooth fairy or Easter Bunny.

3)White lights or colored on the tree/house? Well, we like the whites the most. My tree is traditionally all white. I have some color in my yard display. The children like colored lights on their minature trees in their rooms. Of course, at the time of this blog there are no Christmas lights on at my house yet.

4) Do you hang mistletoe? No. I probably would, though, if someone gave me some.

5) When do you put the decorations up? Usually the first weekend in December that I am off work. Big plans for this weekend, I have.

6) What is your favorite holiday dish excluding dessert? Fruit salad or chicken and dressing

7) What is your favorite holiday memory as a child? This is too hard to narrow down. My parents always made Christmas special at our house. We always had lots of food and family gatherings.

8)When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have an older brother so we both 'figured it out' about the same time. I think I was 8.

9) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Actually, since there is no Santa visit we open all of our Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. We save our stockings for Christmas morning.

10) How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I collect Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments and I have a lot!!! They no longer all fit on the tree so I choose some for other areas of the house.

11) Snow. Love it or dread it? Snow? What is snow? I have a distant memory of it snowing on January 1 of 2000. But that was our last real snow here in North Alabama. We generally have to go snow skiing to see good snow and I love it.

12) Can you ice skate? Yes, a little.

13) Do you remember your favorite gift? I think it would be the year I got a big-girl bike.

14) What is the most importang thing about the holidays for you? Well of course I am going to say celebrating the miracle of Christ's birth. But outside of that it is spending time with family.

15) What is your favorite holiday dessert? fudge

16) What is your favorite holiday tradition? With the kids we try to decorate a gingerbread house together every year. For many years my family had this crazy tradition of watching the movie, E.T. on Christmas Eve.

17)What tops your tree? An angel

18)Which do you prefer - giving or receiving? What a silly question!

19) What is your favorite Christmas Song? Carol of the Bells, I'll Be Home for Christmas, Why Can't Everyday Be Like Christmas.

20)Candy canes - yuck or yum? Yum, especially Bob's Old Fashioned Sugar Canes which I haven't been able to find this year.

21) Favorite Christmas Movie? It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Charlie Brown Christmas... what don't I like?

22) What do you leave out for Santa? see #2

23) (I added this one myself) When do you complete your Christmas shopping? Usually, I start in August and consider it a success if finished by October 1. I like them wrapped by November 1. Of course, there are always last minute things but I hate going in the stores this time of year and try to really plan out my presents in advance.

Okay. That was fun. Let's see if anyone else reads my blog. Come on BearsInExile, AtHomeDaddy, Cherry Extract, Maya's Granny, LittleTrucker.