Monday, December 04, 2006

Funeral

Well, I got through several days of visiting family and the funeral. It was a very draining time emotionally. However, it is good to see so many family members. I got through my "solo" at the cemetary, also. Thank you to my cousin Nita for standing by me during the solo and for all the encouraging words.

My grandfather was buried with military honors and I am thankful for the service people who drove over 70 miles to honor him at the funeral.

I enjoyed spending time with my brother and his family. Our children do not get to see each other often and enjoyed the visit.

Over 200 people attended either visitaion or the funeral. It makes my heart swell to know that my grandfather was loved by so many people. However, his leaving leaves a empty place in my heart.

Thank you to everyone who left comments or called or remembered us in their prayers.