Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tuesday

Well, I feel better now thanks to a square of Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate with White Mint Filling. What better than chocolate to cure a work induced, sleep-deprived headache?

We had a pretty good weekend. Friday, I went to the Birmingham Zoo with B's Kindergarten class. B's teacher and another Mom road down with me. The girls sat in the back and watched a movie and I enjoyed conversing with these two adults. The kids enjoyed the zoo but I thought it was a little dissapointing after seeing Animal Kingdom in January.

Saturday, Hubby went to work and I figured out how to get the kids and my bikes in the back of the Tahoe (along with the kids). We went to the local Greenway and road a couple of miles. All three of us need to work up some stamina for longer rides. It was a pleasant ride, though, and we stopped in the middle for a snack.

Saturday night Hubby came home and we met Beth and lil' David at Casa Blanca for supper. This is our fallback Mexican Restaurant because going to Rosie's on Saturday night with kids would be crazy.

Sunday Hubby worked all day again. I was feeling unsettled all day and by the time he came home I had decided against cooking supper. We tossed around some take out ideas and finally decided to go to Cheeburger Cheeburger. The food and atmosphere did nothing to improve my mood and I ate too much. I finally decided the reason for my mood was skipping exercise for several days. I've got to get back to that soon.

We watched the movie, Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest this weekend. J has been wanting to watch Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith for the last couple of months and I have been reluctant. The movie is PG13 but it is mostly the evil nature of the film that holds me back. I haven't seen it since I saw it at the theater so maybe I am remembering it too vividly. My main concern with PG13 movies is language and references to sex. The violence in Pirates did not seem that bad and the kids seemed to enjoy it. I think it all seems like make believe to them anyway. So maybe we will watch the Star Wars movie soon.

Tomorrow, the kids get out of school at 11:30 and they have a dentist appt . But first, we are going to eat at Nothing But Noodles. B has been wanting to try it for months. I'll let you know how it goes.