Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wednesday

Yesterday, after hearing the news of my granddaddy's death (see Tuesday's post) I went on with my plans for the day. I went for my morning walk and then headed to the plant nursery. I finally got the landscaping done that I talked about here and I needed to get some annuals planted. As usual I bought far more than I should have when you consider the work involved. The landscapers had put in a lot of mulch and I removed some of that to mulch around the trees in the front yard. I set out a lot of flowers. The hardest part (because the soil is quite easy to dig in) is watering them afterwards. I found out that in the process of removing the old bushes some damage occurred to the sprinkler system. The sprinklers are no longer watering my flower beds. So for the time being I'm going to have to water them by hand. Ughh!! My daughter, B, was a big help with the planting and watering. There is still a lot to do! But, oh, I am so sore today.

Our new furniture was delivered and hopefully somebody is coming today to haul away the old sofa. Last night, I went to Lowe's to buy a new chest freezer (one of the smaller models). My son's birthday is coming up and he wants an ice cream cake. My freezer is always so full that this would not be possible without the new purchase. I buy a lot of entrees, etc from Schwann's. I've wanted to try their frozen pizzas but didn't have the room. Also, we never have the room for ice cream. That's just wrong, folks! We put the freezer in the garage and it was cold in only a few hours. I am looking forward to filling it up.

Today, I am at work. But I'll be off for the next few days with the funeral and my scheduled off time. I have some posts worked up and I'm going to try and post them this weekend.