Friday, April 13, 2007

No-Bake Banana Pudding

This is the recipe as it appears at allrecipes.com.

INGREDIENTS
8 ounces sour cream
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups whole milk
1 (16 ounce) package vanilla wafer cookies
4 bananas, peeled and sliced
DIRECTIONS
In large bowl combine sour cream, whipped topping, pudding mix and milk. Stir well. In the bottom of a trifle bowl or other glass serving dish, put a layer of cookies, then a layer of pudding mixture, then a layer of bananas. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Refrigerate until serving.

I actually make this using the Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies as a user suggested. I will also tell you that you should mix the milk and pudding first and then add cool whip and sour cream. I always use Skim Milk, light sour cream and lite cool whip because this is what I have and it works fine.

If you like bananas and creamy goodness, you will love this dessert. It is so easy! I usually make it the night before so the cookies will soften some. I bet it is good with pineapple but I haven't yet tried it.