Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Sunday

We had a pleasant Easter Sunday. My Daddy was not feeling well on Friday and decided not to make the trip to Alabama. His presence was missed.

We had a good service Sunday at our home church, Whitesburg Baptist. After church, we had the usual ham/potato salad/baked bean dinner. I had created a treasure/Easter egg hunt for the kids. The Easter Bunny (or his nemesis Santa Claus) does not visit our house. Instead I prepared a bucket of goodies for the kids and hid it in the house. I made up some clues and hid them in plastic eggs. The kids had to find each egg until it led to their surprise. They were more excited by the hunt then the treasure at the end.

We woke up to a cold morning. The temperature had dipped below freezing Saturday night. Very unusual for April. Just last Sunday, the daytime temp had been in the 80's. We had to wear coats over our new Easter attire. The kids were not interested in going outside to hunt eggs. I think they got this out of their system a few weeks ago.

Sunday afternoon was restful. Nobody wanted to eat leftovers that evening. We ordered from China Dragon. We are starting to be regular customers. Everyone wanted some of the banan pudding I made, though.

This morning I am feeling unusually tired. Too much sugar? Maybe just having to go to work when the kids get another day off. I hope I have a good week.