Saturday, February 17, 2007

Star Wars Lego

Okay. I have a confession to make. Perhaps, it will paint me in a bad light. Perhaps, some of you will decide to quit checking in on my blog. Perhaps, you will shake your head and say, "I thought she had a job?", or "I thought she read all the time." Here it goes:

I have become addicted to my children's Star Wars Lego game.
I don't know how it could have happened really. I have never been a big video game player. Until this Christmas we had not owned our own game console and our games were restricted to computer games. I have enjoyed a few of these over the years, like Zoo and RollerCoaster Tycoon. My son and husband enjoy a lot of others which I couldn't begin to name.
To start with the new Nintendo GameCube (becuase we don't buy what is the new "thing".) is still in the living room. I had planned to move it to the playroom when my mother gives us her old T.V. (she having inherited a t.v/dvd/vcr). So it has been taking up the living room floor since Christmas. We've all 4 played MarioKart which is mildly entertaining until the crying starts and my son really likes Need For Speed. But it is Star Wars that has me hooked (line and sinker).
The game is fairly easy although there are some challenges too difficult for my 6 year old's skills. You can play with one or 2 players and the second player can drop out at anytime. Perhaps, the game appeals to my goal-orientated personality. Maybe, it is the cute Lego characters. Maybe it is because it is just challenging enough to keep you playing. I have played through the entire game and am now trying to unlock the bonus chapter.
It's starting to disrupt my sleep. I told my husband, "I can stop anytime I want." But I am not so sure. Last night, he suggested a TiVo program (because we are so far behind on our viewing we are running out of space) and I managed to turn the game off. I can only play after the kids are in bed, you see.
My husband doesn't even get to play because the game only has positions to save 3 games so he has been left out. I'm going to finish soon, though. And then I can start on Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy.
I just saw on Amazon that this is available for the PC for under $20. But it looks like I would need a special game controller and some special video card. It is probably for the best.