Thursday, February 15, 2007

Post-Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is not a big deal at our house. Why is this? Is it because I am married to a man? Does any man really like Valentine's Day? Most men probably only recognize V-Day because they don't want to risk the consequences if they miss it. Silly me let my husband off the hook several years ago and so this day passes by almost unmentioned. The conversation we had last night went something like this:

Hubby, "You know a lot of people really detest Valentine's Day, especially single people."

Me: "Did you know it was Valentine's Day?"

Hubby: "Yes."

Me: "Wouldn't it be better to plead ignorance?"

Hubby: "Huh?"

But I am not totally off the hook either. I didn't do anything special for him, either. I don't want to make him feel bad when there is no reciprocity.

I think I'll go out and by myself some flowers.

(Hubby's blog can be found here.)