Monday, February 12, 2007

Glasses

So I mentioned that I took my son to the eye doctor on Thursday. When we returned home J had lost the screw for his glasses and the lens had popped out. (Not before the appt, when we might have gotten them repaired at the office.) I couldn't find my little screwdriver. No problem. I bought two pairs of glasses the last time we purchased them for just this occasion. Out came the spare pair. I'll take these others in to WM on my next trip.

Yesterday morning trying to get out the door to make it to SS (we have to leave at 7:30am) J can't find his glasses. We proceeded to church without them. J apparently didn't wear them at all on Saturday. (I was at work.) The last time we are sure he had them was Friday morning though I think I would have noticed them missing on Friady night. Most likely, he took them off before his shower on Friday night and layed them down somewhere in his room. His room is a disaster area. How could anyone find anything in there?

So I went into Target yesterday to pick up milk because I hate to go to the WM on our side of town and we were in the same shopping area getting a haircut. The Vision Center in Target is apparently closed on Sunday. So I bought one of those little repair kits. I get home and somehow between Thursday and Sunday the pair missing the screw now has a warped frame and I can't get them back together to use the repair kit.

We had some words over the messy room because I felt certain the glasses could be located if only the room was clean. I would have liked to clean it myself but he dares not let me. (Trust me, lots of stuff would find its way to the trash.) So there will be no more Nintendo for J until the room is clean and or the glasses are found. Who do you think can hold out longer?