Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Weather

I keep reading on blogs about this terrible weather that has attacked the country. People are without power and forced to leave their homes for shelters. Ice has school closed and people stuck at home. I'm sure any of them would trade their weather for mine.

On Sunday it was 70' here. Yesterday it did drop below freezing but today it is partly sunny. It has been years since we have seen any weather like the above. In fact, it snowed pretty hard on New Year's Eve 2000 and that is the last real snow we've had. My six year old daughter has yet to experience any real snow. When I was growing up (in this same area) we got out of school for snow or ice at least once yearly. Since I have lived in Huntsville we have had a few winter storms but nothing in the last 6 years. Is this the global warming I hear so much about? The last few years we have had very mild winters. I have a closet full of sweaters and sweatshirts and cute pull-overs that never see wear.

I'm not saying to send some of the bad weather my way. NO, that would be tempting things. I can't really handle school being out because I would still be expected to be at work. However, a few snow flurries would be welcome.