Monday, October 16, 2006

War Eagle!!

Auburn prevailed in a wonderful game on Saturday (wonderful if you are not a gator). My mother is visiting and so I did not have to enjoy the game alone. She, like myself, is an avid fan and gets equally excited. As usual, we listened to the game on the internet while watching on T.V. Auburn played excellent defense. Coach Tuberville made some comments following the half which were unlike anything I had ever heard him say publically. Obviously, he made some unpublic remarks to the players at half-time and it payed off. The review show is broadcast on Sunday night so I will watch later (on TiVo). My son is starting to get interested although he has yet to watch an entire game ( I think I was about 9 or 10 before I watched one). I think in a few more years he will watch and get excited with me and even go to a game. Auburn moved up to #8 in the AP poll and #4 in the BCS. I am a little surprised to see Tennesse ahead of Auburn as there only loss was to Florida. They have several big games still to play and we will all have to see how it goes. Auburn's only hope for the SEC West is to win their remaining games and have Arkansas lose two SEC games which seems unlikely. Arkansas only loss so far is to USC and their ranking is much lower than Auburn. I predict Arkansas vs. Florida for the SEC championship with neither a contender for a national championship.