Monday, October 16, 2006

Destin

Well, this was certainly not my favorite vacation for various reasons that I will not get into. However, we ate some good food (Back Porch, Pompano Joe's, McGuire's and Cafe 331) played some mini golf and I read two books. The kids have proved to be at an excellent age for road trips and managed to be quite pleasant down and up (N & S). I spent a lot of time sitting by the pool or at the beach reading while the kids played. I didn't get wet but the water was a little too cool for my taste. The kids loved it. We also played Monopoly two nights. It turns out I am not very good at this game. I am ok with it. I manage my money fine but what is with all these fines and rent? Real Estate mogul I am not. My son seems to be pretty good and has learned to cry to get his way (hey, it worked!). My daughter went to bed halfway through the game each night and had over $3000 stashed at one time.