Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving at our house went well. We had 3 kinds of pie (apple, pecan & pumpkin). We had a wonderful honey-glazed turkey. We had my favorite: fruit salad. We did not overeat. What are we going to do with all these leftovers?

On Wednesday because the children were out of school and I was home we cleaned house in the morning. I gave my children the choice of an afternoon activity (as a reward for their hard work). I wanted to either go to the movies or go out to eat. My 8 year old son did not want to do either. In fact, he did not want to change out of his pajamas. He has 5 days off from school and apparently a lot of playing to fit it. No movie, no dining out, no McDonald's playland. Nada. I felt bad for my daughter (6yo) and myself and decided we would check out a movie on Saturday when Jordan can stay home with his Dad. What kind of child am I raising?

The radio station that I listen to at work and in the car (and sometimes at home) has started with the Christmas music. I guess that is to be expected and should be glad they waited until after Thanksgiving unlike the retail stores. I have long held to a tradition of not listening to the music until after my birthday (no hints to the date here). When you have a December birthday it sometimes gets lost in the shuffle. I also do not put up holiday decorations until after the first week of December and leave them up until at least New Year's Day. But, I have all of my holiday shopping completed and the presents wrapped.

If you are interested in hearing some delightful piano Christmas music please check out this link: http://theranch.org/Christmas.68.0.html