Friday, November 24, 2006

Books

Well, I have been working on my blog once again. I finally have pictures. At my sister-in-laws suggestion I listed my books with links for the curious to check out. Whew! Quite a few books listed over there.

I rarely read a book I do not enjoy. In fact, I do not mind putting down a book after 20-30 or more pages if I realize it is a dud. Of course, some books are much better than others. I just recently finished a good one, Seasons of Her Life, surprisingly by Fern Michaels. In the past, I have scoffed at Fern Michaels books as being too shallow and written on too low a level for me. This book was quite ejoyable and covered the life of a young girl starting when she graduated from high school in 1950. It reminded me very much of the book, Evergreen, by Belva Plain which I read several years ago.

I don't think I have ever read as many books as I have in the last year. I started writing down the books I read in 2001 and I still have mosts of those lists (incomplete because of a hard drive crash). I read through several entire series this year. Elizabeth George has written a series of books about two Scotland Yard officers as they solve various murders. I truly enjoyed this series as the heroine is easy to relate to. I also read through the Mitford Series by Jan Karon (how had I missed this one before) and the Cedar Cove series by Debbie Macomber. Looking back on the list, I don't think I could pick a favorite. I am currently trying a new author, Rick Mofina and a new shipment of books is due anyday.