Thursday, November 02, 2006

Haircuts

Yesterday, the kids got out of school at 11:30 so I took J to get his haircut and then we went out for lunch. Lunch was a bribe so they would let me take a nap later.

Until January of this year my mother had been kind enough to see to my children's haircuts and I was quite happy with this arrangement. It was convienent, free and they didn't seem to mind. In January it was decided I needed to make other arrangements. Ughh! First I tried the salon around the corner from our house and two different beauticians. I didn't like either of them and the price seemed high for a child's cut. In September, I decided to try another convienent shop in the large Target shopping center. This place is called Cost Cutters and it has several locations. We walked in and Shayla cut Jordan's hair. I did the best I could describing how he usually wore it and off she went. She did a fantastic job. I felt so grateful I gave her an additional tip (the haircut was inexpensive). And we went back yesterday to get it cut again and she remembered us. And she cut it again the same way! I hope she doesn't quit.

I have been having my hair cut, permed, & highlighted for the last 13 years by Emily. Emily works in Boaz about 70 miles away. It took me many years of trying different stylists to find Emily and I would not trade her for anyone. I have followed her as she has changed shops 3 times. I do not need to get my haircut very often (as I wear it long) so I do not mind the trip. I do manage to visit with my grands while in Boaz. I am really too scared to try anyone new. Plus, people in Huntsville charge too much for haircuts & perms. Emily would not stear me wrong, either. She doesn't try to talk me into anything new and she tells me the truth when I ask her.