Thursday, November 02, 2006

Autumn

Tuesday I found it necessary to make a 2.5 hour drive (and back home again). Despite the fact that most of the trip was via interstate I saw some really great fall foilage. I think that may have been the peak. I saw quite a mixture of greens, reds & some amazing golds.

My husband let my son have some coke at lunch. We normally do not let our children have caffinated drinks, restricting their soda to sprite or sierra mist. The boy talked non-stop all the way home. He has a bit of a geography obsession. He spent his time studying the atlas and sharing details with me. (He let his sister sleep, luckily.) A large part of his obsession deals with Alaska. He spends time drawing maps and labeling them. He knows all the capitols and major cities. Don't challenge the child. He will only prove you are not as smart as you think you are.

Once back home J had decided not to go trick or treating (he is 8, remember) because he had enough candy. The sister and I went to a few houses while he minded the door (most of the neighbors had their lights out.) B was happy wearing her dance outfit from last year so I was not out any costume expense this year. I think the children enjoyed giving out the loot to the treaters more than anyting else. It's the same way they would rather hide the eggs than hunt them. I am sure some of his behavior is normal.