Thursday, July 26, 2007

Harry

I finished The Deathly Hallows last night. I'm not going to attempt to review it. Other people will do a much better job then me. I do want to give some thoughts on it, though, without any spoilers.

The book is missing the enchantment I found in the first 4 (or 6) books about life at Hogswarts. I remember when I read those books I would imagine it like it really exists. The book is also missing the innocence of the particular srapes and adventures the young characters experienced in those first few years. But Harry, Hermione and Ron have grown up now. Rowlings is no longer writing children's books.

I was not dissapointed in the book. I was not shocked at a death like in book 6. I think Rowlings wrote an excellent coming of age book, wizard style. I am sad that this is the final installment. I hope that Rowlings writes for us some other great adventures. However, I realize nothing will ever quite compare to the world she created with Harry Potter.