Friday, February 23, 2007

Finally Friday

Did I say that I would weigh in on Friday and update you on my diet? Well, no good news. I am holding steady at an 11 lb loss. My goal of losing 5 more lbs before Easter is looking more difficult. Easter is only 6 weeks away now. I think I am going to have to work harder. Gosh, I don't think I can work any harder. I need some encouragement people!

I worked at my other job yesterday. I had been working there every other Monday but because school was out Monday I agreed to Thursday. So now I have Friday and Saturday at my regular job. Now I am really tired. Last night because I was exhausted but not really sleepy I stayed up too late. This morning I am kinda in a fog. I am tired and moody.

My mother let me know this morning that she and my dad were driving to Alabama on Sunday to visit my grandfather. My "Granddaddy" is 91 years old. He has been very healthy for most of his life. He has caught and infection in his bones that modern medicine cannot defeat. Until last week he was in a rehabilitation home receiving treatment. He has now been sent home and Hospice has been called in. I know that I need to go visit. I have been finding exuses for several weeks not to make the trip. I am going Tuesday. You can hold me to that.

On the postitive side the weather here the last few days has been incredible. The temperature has reached the high 70's. Blue skies and sunshine (and I can see them out my window!). Maybe the groundhog was right. I saw some daffodils blooming yesterday. I can see the little buds on the Bradford Pears. I AM SO READY FOR SPRING.