Saturday, February 03, 2007

Book Update

I just finished reading Shoot The Moon by Billie Letts. Billie Letts is also the author of Where The Heart Is which was made into a movie starring Ashley Judd. Shoot the Moon is the story of Mark Albright who returns to the small Oklahoma town of DeClune in search of his birth mother and finds himself deeply involved in a 30 year-old murder mystery.

The Old Fox Deceiv'd by Martha Grimes is the second Richard Jury Mystery. I liked it much better than the first. I think I will read the entire series.

Acid Row by Minnette Walters was also very good. The last few books I have read by this author have dealt with the character's quest to solve a mystery considered already solved. This book is about the events leading up to a riot in a London housing project.

No Way Back is the second book I've read by Rick Mofina about the crime reporter Tom Reed. In this story the ususal journalist solves a murder takes on a new twist.

Finally, since my last update I also read Reed's Beach by Brett Lott. I've read quite a few books by this author including, Jewel and A Song I Know By Heart. Reed's Beach deals with a difficult issue - the loss of a child. And was difficult to read from an emotional standpoint. The writing is in a challenging style. I don't think I would recommend it.