Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tuesday

Today is the kids last day at home before school starts. My son talked me into staying at home and doing nothing. Apparently, staying home and playing all day is his idea of summer vacation and he has been sadly missing out. (And me with all those summer activities planned!) When I'm off work I don't generally like to stay home all day. I usually do something in the morning and then return home for the afternoon. My son has outgrown the age where he enjoys going just to go. He is a real homebody. So although I will miss the time we have spent together this summer, I am looking forward to having some days to myself again. When I stay home I usually feel I need to be doing something constructive like cleaning out closets or organizing the pantry. But today I am taking the kids attitude and concentrating on doing nothing. We will see how it goes.