Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tuesday

When we arrived home from Atlanta shortly before noon on Sunday hubby headed off for a nap. He had driven the entire trip home. The kids had been couped up in the car for 4 hours and so went off to renew their "animal" game. (It is an elaborate game involving a lot of stuffed animals, and various props, and often takes place in multiple rooms.) The kids had gotten very silly and loud during the last 1 & 1/2 hours of our journey. The DVD players no longer seeming to entertain them. I was appreciative of the fact that they were off amusing themselves but feeling a little sad about being left with the post-trip work. After starting the laundry (I had to do 6 loads), unpacking and eating some lunch I decided I deserved a nap, too.

About 2:30 or so my son (age 9) realized that he hadn't had any lunch. (What was that mom of his thinking, anyway.) So he fixed himself and his sister some Easy-Mac and made himself a corndog. I think they augmented the lunch with applesauce. I'm proud of him for fixing his own lunch but mostly proud that he was considerate to his sister. Now I just need to work on getting him to fold his own laundry.