Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thursday

We had a somewhat relaxing holiday. It felt so much like a Saturday tucked in the middle of the week. We went to a friend of Hubby's for a cook-out and swimming. The kids swam for hours and were disappointed when time to leave. The food was excellent - pork ribs, barbecue chicken and smoked pork with all the fixings. Sitting out in the sun all day is somewhat exhausting, though.

We have an unexpected treat this weekend. My MIL called and asked for the kids for TWO nights. They are leaving tonight and will not be back until Saturday evening. I'm trying to remember what we did before kids. I'm sure it will come back to me. So we have two chances to dine out alone and whatever mischief we can get ourselves up to. I suggested hubby take Fri afternoon off and he ended up taking Thurs and Fri off. I admit I am jealous because I couldn't work that out for myself. So I'm stuck at work today but my weekend begins at 6:30pm.

I probably won't post this weekend. So I hope everyone has a good one. Remember Saturday is 07/07/07 and supposed to be a lucky day.