Thursday, December 13, 2007

Busy Week

Tonight is my Homemaker's Club Annual Christmas Dinner and Gift Exchange. We have our dinner catered in the conference room of a local business. Dessert follows at one of the member's house. We draw names earlier in the year and exchange gifts. It is always a enjoyable evening with just the ladies.

Seems like I am so busy this time of year. There is always one or two things I forget to buy or do. I have to work all weekend and them I'm off next Tues & Thursday. I still haven't planned what desserts I'm making and I need to buy the groceries on Monday.

Next Saturday night I have planned a dinner out with my parents if I can arrange a baby-sitter. We used to go out together frequently before the kids came along and in the early years. But in the last year or two it has become increasingly difficult to find a baby-sitter.

We are going to Boaz for a family gathering the following Sunday. I have to work Christmas Eve until 4pm. That evening we will have a nice family dinner followed by the opening of gifts. On Christmas Day we have our family gathering with my Dad's clan.

Did I forget hubby's Christmas party next Wednesday evening and a Brownie workshop on Thursday. Also, there is the cookie exchange with the ladies in my SS class on Tuesday night. And of course there is a lot of baking to be done and always the last minute stuff. And let us not forget the gathering with hubby's family the Sunday after Christmas.

We have a small family trip planned after New Year's to recover from all the excitement.