Saturday, December 08, 2007

Book Update

I am going to try and update my book list now. I don't think I put any books I've read since Fall Break. I've slowed down a lot on my reading because I changed jobs.

Of the books that I've read since I last did a book post the most notable are:

1) Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon. This book is about Father Tim from Karon's Mitford Series. The book details his journey to his childhood home after a 30+ year absence. A lot of questions are answered for Timothy and a lot of old wounds are healed. Definitely a must read for fans of the series but not the best book to start if you haven't read the others.

2) Wheel of Darkness by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. This is the latest Agent Pendegrast Novel. And while it is an independent book and not a sequel to the others, I would not start with this book. It is certainly not among the best produced by this talented writing team. The bizarre circumstances that the FBI agent finds himself in are starting to sound a little repetitive if not mundane. The early Pendegrast books, including Relic and Cabinet of Curiosities are much better. If you haven't read any of Child & Preston's novels I would also recommend Thunderhead or Ice Limit.

3) I am currently working my way through the Martha Grimes, Richard Jury Novels, and I finished The Old Contemptibles. I enjoyed this as much as the previous novels. I am also up to J is for Judgement in the Sue Grafton, Kinsey Milhone series and enjoyed it also. Also, for a little light reading I read the latest Cedar Cove Series paperback, 74 Seaside Avenue.

84 books