Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My Sister's Keeper

I finished reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I ordered this book after reading J's review on her blog. The book is written in alternating first person accounts of the chief characters. This is the first book I have read by this author

I really enjoyed this book. It reminded me a lot of Elizabeth Berg's books including Talk Before Sleep and We Are All Welcome Here. It has that same emotional pull that keeps you so entranced (or imbedded, if you will) in the story that you are a part of it even when not reading. I like books like that. I read, in general for my own entertainment. I want a book (and a good movie, too) to transport me somewhere else. I want to forget about my own selfish self for a while.

That all being said the book was somewhat depressing and having a chameleon like personality I tend to take the book's depression to heart and become somewhat blue. It is the second such book in a row for me and I really need to follow it up with something uplifting. I am looking forward to reading more by this author and I definitely recommed this book. Thanks J.