Friday, December 15, 2006

Emma's Tea Room

Yesterday, a friend took me to lunch to belatedly celebrate my birthday. I suggested Emma's Tea Room because I had heard so many good things about it.

This place is definitely a "Ladies who lunch" kind of place of which we have several in the Huntsville area. It is located in a renovated house in the historic 5 points area on Pratt Ave. In the spirit of the setting we both elected to try hot tea although neither of us are really (hot) tea drinkers. We both had Cranberry Orange and it was excellent. I tried the salad sampler which included seafood salad, curried chicken salad, and chicken salad over a bed of mixed greens. My friend chose the summer squash soup and a chicken salad sandwich. Both of our meals were enjoyable. The service was good (our server had an English accent!) and the setting ideal for a lunch out with a girlfriend.

I would definitely recommend this place for a ladies lunch but call ahead for reservations.