Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday

This morning we did not go to church so that I could sleep late before going in to work at 10am. I cleaned up the kitchen and vacuumed the living room floor before I left. The house gets pretty cluttered when I work for several days in a row. I left the kids a list of chores to do during the day. They asked me to write them down for them, so they could remember.(1. Finish laundry, 2. Unload Dishwasher, 3. Read). I also asked them if they went outside to sweep the leaves out of the garage, but I didn't write that down. (The wind blows the giant leaves from our neighbors Sycamore into the garage when the door is left open.)

Tomorrow is grocery day so there is not a lot of surplus food in the house. I decided to purchase Sonic on the way home at 6pm for supper. My son wanted a slushie but I said, "no." I wasn't inclined to bring home a treat and it was pretty cold out to think about slushies. He said, "You never buy us slushies". I really hate those "absolute" words.

When I got home I discovered the kids had played outside but hadn't swept the garage. Which is understandable because I didn't write it down. My son said he forgets if I don't write it down. I asked them if they completed the list and they said they had. I complained about the popcorn in the living room floor and the leaves they had tracked in the kitchen, plus the mess they had left at the kitchen table. I was feeling a little under appreciated. Of course, you're wondering why I bothered cleaning this morning if they would just mess it up again. But I knew that I would be too tired tonight and that I had to work all day Monday. Imagine what the house would look like by Tuesday!

I asked the kids to bring the laundry into the living room so that I could fold it. Sunday's laundry consists of two loads of the kids laundry which I do every Sunday. My husband is really good about doing our laundry on the Saturdays when I work. My son got the load out of the dryer and brought them to me. I started folding and had folded most of the top load in the basket when I realized the bottom load had not ever been washed. Now I'm going to be up late folding laundry.

I'm not feeling the least bit guilty about not buying my son that slushie.