Saturday, January 26, 2008

The End of an Era

I am not a coffee drinker. (Although, I do own a nice coffee pot.) I do however enjoy drinking warm flavored drinks (International Coffee) in the cold weather. (Which we have had a lot of lately.) So like a lot of people, I have a favorite mug. I received it as a birthday present many years ago (15, actually) from a dear friend.

I know you are looking at it and thinking that it would be your favorite mug, too. In fact, I often had to hide it when my Dad visited because despite the number of mugs I had in the cabinet, he would choose this one. My kids also seemed to be attracted to this mug. Maybe I should have put it up and saved it. But it was my favorite mug to drink from and I cherished it.
Oh, you know what is coming next. This week, while in the kitchen preparing supper, I heard the Crash, and I knew. The mug is broken. It could not be saved. It will be missed.